If you’re a property manager or building owner in Muskegon, MI, then you know your commercial building’s roof needs to be inspected regularly to stay ahead of repairs and keep your building operating at optimal efficiency. Empire Contractors is western Michigan’s premier full-service commercial roofing contractor, specializing in customizable roof inspections for all your roof evaluation needs.
Worried about a potential leak? Want to prepare your roof for the coming winter? Maybe you’d like a little spring-cleaning visit? From pre-job inspections to mandatory final inspections to all-inclusive, stand-alone roof inspections, the experts at Empire Contractors can do it all. Call us today at (231) 861-7221 to learn more.
Every job we take on at Empire Contractors involves inspections at various stages. These mandatory checks help us maintain high standards of quality, accuracy, and performance, and occur at the beginning, middle, and end of every project:
Before any work begins, a member of our team will inspect and document the condition and specifications of the existing roof. At this time, we will also evaluate the roof’s interior and exterior for visible damages, which we will discuss with the building owner or manager.
2) On-The-Job Inspections
As an added measure of quality control, we at Empire Contractors perform several inspections throughout the course of any roofing job, checking for the following:
- Proper preparation and installation of roofing materials: underlayment, roof system, vents, flashings, etc.
- Proper adherence to safety standards
- Clean jobsite
- And more
3) Final Inspections
At the conclusion of each roofing job – no matter how big or small – the experts at Empire Contractors will perform a final inspection, reviewing the entire jobsite to ensure your building will be protected by a quality repair or installation.
Comprehensive Roof Inspections
Sometimes, a customer needs a more in-depth roof inspection. Empire Contractors is happy to provide those, too. In our more than 20 years of service, we have developed a thorough process that allows us to accurately inspect your roof, diagnose any problems, and suggest individualized solutions. Here are the steps we follow:
1) Find out if the roof has any active warranties or guarantees. If so, it may limit what work can be done without voiding the warranty.
2) Learn as much as we can about the roof by researching existing building records and speaking to building occupants. This can help us assess the roof’s condition and learn more about any existing issues.
3) Thoroughly and meticulously inspect the roof and all related components:
- Check the roof interior for signs of rust, water, structural defects, corrosion, etc.
- Check the building envelope for structural problems or air leaks.
- Evaluate the rooftop, checking for general wear and tear, standing water, dirt and debris, etc.
- Inspect the roof perimeter, paying close attention to accessories such as flashings, copings, and gutters.
- Assess roof equipment for stability and performance
4) Report all findings to customer, along with multiple solutions at various price points.
5) If the customer agrees, move forward with a plan of action, including estimates, deadlines, and other details.
Call Empire Today!
If your commercial roof is in need of an inspection, call Empire Contractors today at (231) 861-7221. We will quickly and accurately assess your roof and help you find the best solution for your specific needs and goals. We look forward to working with you!